Collision advice
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:49 am
Hi, I'm pretty new to Bullet but I've managed to get a good demo working on my iphone with picking and point to point constraints, so I know enough to be dangerous.
I'm working on a game very similar to minesweeper and I've been looking over the demos for collision implementations, but I'm still lacking in understanding. My question is what would be the best way to handle collisions for these two modes of play;
The first mode is just like the original minesweeper game. The user will "click" on a square and the object will be chosen by means of a pick ray collision.
In the second mode, the user will "click" on a location to send a character navigating the mine field and the collision will be between the character and the objects in the field.
I'm just not sure how I'm going to make a connection between my algorithm for "sweeping" the mine field and the collision feedback I get from Bullet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
The first mode is just like the original minesweeper game. The user will "click" on a square and the object will be chosen by means of a pick ray collision.
In the second mode, the user will "click" on a location to send a character navigating the mine field and the collision will be between the character and the objects in the field.
I'm just not sure how I'm going to make a connection between my algorithm for "sweeping" the mine field and the collision feedback I get from Bullet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks