Soapbox derby
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:13 am
I would like to make a soapbox derby type of vehicle that has the front axel turn when ropes are pulled. I am just getting started with both blender and bullet so I am probably asking stupid questions, but it is not from lack of searching. I have built in blender a T shaped chassis with 3 wheels. I have gone through the raycasting vehicle example and changed it to 3 wheels, but I cannot see how I can change the steering to one where the top of the T rotates and the wheels follow.
I assume that it should be possible to create a hinge at each point, but am hoping that there is already such an option in the vehicle class.
I would also like to add in simulation for adjustable airfoils. Is this possible or is possible to program this in with python (simulate based on relative angle of airfoils).
Sorry for all the questions, I have been trying to figure this out with the manuals for a while.
Brian
I assume that it should be possible to create a hinge at each point, but am hoping that there is already such an option in the vehicle class.
I would also like to add in simulation for adjustable airfoils. Is this possible or is possible to program this in with python (simulate based on relative angle of airfoils).
Sorry for all the questions, I have been trying to figure this out with the manuals for a while.
Brian