Page 1 of 1

Dynamica Maya 2010 OS X compile issues

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:15 pm
by goldleaf
I was finally able to get the plugin to compile, but the last lines of the make show this problem:

Code: Select all

ld: warning: in pluginMain.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in colladaExport.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in rigidBodyNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in rigidBodyArrayNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in collisionShapeNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in solver.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in bt_solver.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in dSolverNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in dSolverCmd.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in dRigidBodyCmd.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in dRigidBodyArrayCmd.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in pdbIO.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in drawUtils.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/dHingeConstraintCmd.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/dSliderConstraintCmd.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/hingeConstraintNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/sixdofConstraintNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/dNailConstraintCmd.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/dsixdofConstraintCmd.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/nailConstraintNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in constraint/sliderConstraintNode.o, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Applications/Autodesk/maya2010/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/libOpenMaya.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Applications/Autodesk/maya2010/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/libFoundation.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Applications/Autodesk/maya2010/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/libOpenMayaUI.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Applications/Autodesk/maya2010/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/libOpenMayaFX.dylib, file is not of required architecture
And when I load the plugin in maya, I get a 'wrong version of maya' error message. I've change all of the Makefile references to 2009 to 2010, but I'm not sure how else I can go about fixing this. Anyone know of how to get the .o files in the correct architecture? Has anyone had any luck with Dynamica and Maya 2010?

thanks

Re: Dynamica Maya 2010 OS X compile issues

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:36 am
by goldleaf
Ah, I think I figured it out. I've got Xcode 3.2, and OS X 10.6.2 installed, and it looks like I have to have Xcode 2.4 to compile Maya plugins. Does this look correct to anyone? Is there a workaround, or do I need to get the older dev tools working in Snow Leopard?

As a side question, should I be trying to get help in the Bullet Google Code issues page rather than here?

Re: Dynamica Maya 2010 OS X compile issues

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:39 am
by Erwin Coumans
Same problem here, I tried the Makefile.mac and cmake and couldn't get it to work.

I created a XCode project (from helloWorldCmd.xcodeproj) and it works well, see Bullet/Extras/MayaPlugin/BulletMayaPlugin.xcodeproj. I uploaded a precompiled version for Mac OSX, Maya 2010 in google code.

Can you check if you can get the Xcode project to compile? The result should be in the build/Release (or Debug) folder.

Thanks,
Erwin

Re: Dynamica Maya 2010 OS X compile issues

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:57 am
by goldleaf
It worked! The first time, I got some weird message (I had to leave, and didn't save it - sorry 'bout that), but I came back and tried it again. I think I had the build type on Release; it worked for me on Debug. Weird.

Thanks!