Page 1 of 1

Bullet 1.9 released, includes Quake BSP Physics Viewer

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:44 am
by Erwin Coumans
Bullet 1.9 Physics Library include Quake BSP Physics Viewer

* Import Quake .bsp and convert into static convex objects and interact by throwing boxes
* Cmake cross platform buildsystem including projectfile autogeneration
* Per triangle materials for triangle meshes
* Improved Continuous Collision Detection for Compound and non-convex meshes
* MacOS X Universal Binary demos through Xcode (CMake generated)
And
* Compound Collision Shapes (initial version, not optimized)
* New MacOS-X (i386) precompiled COLLADA physics viewer
* StaticPlaneShape emulates an infinite plane using GJK
* ParallelIslandDispatcher,ParallelPhysicsEnvironment
* Generic6DofConstraint


Collada Physics Viewer 0.7 (ColladaDemo) , using COLLADA-DOM:

* Support for COLLADA import/export of compound shapes (more then one collision shape)
* Support for COLLADA import/export of generic D6 constraints (no limits/motors)
* <mesh>, <convex_mesh> support

http://www.continuousphysics.com/mediaw ... e=Download

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:33 pm
by feltstone
Hi Erwin,

Just a few things I am noticing with this release. One--it is running rock solid stable. It is incredible! I am blown away.

I did notice a couple of things...

The GetAppliedImpulse logic seems to have disappeared. I had to add in this line:

m_appliedImpulse+=impulse;

to the Point2PointConstraint.cpp and HingeConstraint.cpp files.

There were a few other little compiler specific things I had to change but were easily fixed. Some declarations and missing functions necessary to compile. If you would be interested in a list of what I had to do to compile with Blender, let me know. They were all very small things and might just be specific to my platform and compiler.

Otherwise, thanks for all the work you do on this project! Absolutely incredible. I'll be posting some "unofficial" Blender animations as well as some tutorials on constraints that work with 2.42.

Thanks!

feltstone