(possible bug) & breaking constraints example
Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:29 pm
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and new to Blender and ContinuousPhysics so please let me know if I'm posting in the wrong place or what not.
I wanted to share an example of breaking constraints that I've been working on. Here is one of my latest renderings (about a 12 MB download):
http://www.feltstone.com/0001_0580.avi
It is of a sphere crashing down on a collection of cubes that are all tied together with constraints. The forces then break the constraints and the cubes go flying. In this animation you can see some of the cubes sticking together still. The physics are amazing. The cubes still holding together still bounce together and everything.
Here is a zip file of multiple .blend files as examples:
http://www.feltstone.com/constraint_break_examples.zip
It isn't documented yet and still pretty rough. The file "smashy_smashing_not_working.blend" is one I've had trouble getting to work if anyone wants to take a look at that one.
Apparently I altered my original .blend file that goes with the above rendered animation. Here is one close to that one with the physics already rendered to IPO paths if anyone is interested: (18 MB download):
http://www.feltstone.com/smashy_smashy_ ... _paths.zip
Let me know of any questions and hopefully this will be of use to someone. I'm loving this stuff and excited to get involved more.
Thanks!
feltstone
I'm new to this forum and new to Blender and ContinuousPhysics so please let me know if I'm posting in the wrong place or what not.
I wanted to share an example of breaking constraints that I've been working on. Here is one of my latest renderings (about a 12 MB download):
http://www.feltstone.com/0001_0580.avi
It is of a sphere crashing down on a collection of cubes that are all tied together with constraints. The forces then break the constraints and the cubes go flying. In this animation you can see some of the cubes sticking together still. The physics are amazing. The cubes still holding together still bounce together and everything.
Here is a zip file of multiple .blend files as examples:
http://www.feltstone.com/constraint_break_examples.zip
It isn't documented yet and still pretty rough. The file "smashy_smashing_not_working.blend" is one I've had trouble getting to work if anyone wants to take a look at that one.
Apparently I altered my original .blend file that goes with the above rendered animation. Here is one close to that one with the physics already rendered to IPO paths if anyone is interested: (18 MB download):
http://www.feltstone.com/smashy_smashy_ ... _paths.zip
Let me know of any questions and hopefully this will be of use to someone. I'm loving this stuff and excited to get involved more.
Thanks!
feltstone