Page 1 of 1
Contest Voting (and video of all games)
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:38 pm
by Erwin Coumans
See the
movie of all gamesthat compete for the Playstation Portable(16Mb mpeg)
(low resolution, and not all games get same duration/coverage)
Please help deciding who should win the Sony Playstation Portable,
Art Gallery Creator software or the new book
COLLADA - Sailing the Gulf of 3D Digital Content Creation. You can also
discuss on Elysiun forum.
View all Games here (click the links UNDER each picture)
http://www.continuousphysics.com/mediaw ... le=Entries
Erwin
Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:56 am
by STELLA
I can put that video on youtube if you want me to.
Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:21 am
by bmud
I just want to also remind everyone of the first rule of this contest.
"The game must be FUN"
Club Silo has a lot of eye candy, granted. It's mechanics are very broken though.
Dogfight is great visually, and gameplay is unbreakable.
Wreck O Deck is an amazing piece of programming. My friends and I played it for hours.
Ozone Force was fun to make. I found that this competition helped me build a lot of the tools that will make a later game realized. I hope you all like it. I do.
Lisboa GTR Gasexpress is great too. The barbeque idea is so funny.
Regarding the video it doesn't do these games justice. Club Silo's coverage doesn't even show what the real game looks like. I'm tempted to make a video of my own just to help make voting more fair. Erwin, you're kinda busy at siggraph.

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:30 am
by spike1907
Yea Bmud I agree with you on the video. The current video does not really show any of the major key physics elements of the games.
Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:11 pm
by Erwin Coumans
Indeed, the video doesn't do justice, but just downloading and playing them doesn't either for an event like SIGGRAPH, too time consuming and risky (the machines are Linux here at the Blender Booth, no .exe ...)
This is the low resolution version of the SIGGRAPH video, the size of the original is 160MB, too big to upload. Indeed, it doesn't capture physics in particular, I just capture the first impression/first 20 seconds that each game gives me.
It still took me 4 hours to make the video
Unfortunately bmuds ozonforces, once the ball drops down, there is no recovery (other then quiting the game, back to the OS, and restarting the game), so just a few seconds of gameplay there. A manual/auto recovery is really needed
Please help with a better video (watch out the compression/format, use MPG or MOV for best compatibility under Linux, MacOS X and Windows).
Thanks for all the fun, and contributions!
Erwin
Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:43 pm
by bmud
Ozone Force version 2.1
*points* Did you download the latest version of Ozone Force? Sounds like you're looking at an old version. I programmed an out of bounds auto-restart, goals, a tutorial, and a main menu.
Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:55 am
by bmud
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:35 pm
by gordon
cool games!!!!
especially club silo and the pinball games

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:50 pm
by bmud
Awww.. There I go losing the polls again.

If only a winner would just be picked I could stop feeling so anxious. What's the big hold up?! Usually voting lasts one day or two. It's been a whole week now. Erwin's talked of taking a trip to Japan in the discussion forum.. And then there's that whole other thing I was about to type and then I forgot what I was talking about... um.. Whatever, not important. I just want someone to win. Oh yeah, I figured the winner would have been picked in time for it to be announced at siggraph so there would be video coverage et cetera. Or maybe that is what happened and we're just all in the dark about it. A-W-K-W-A-R-D.
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:50 pm
by STELLA
patience my friend.
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:44 am
by ~J~
Hey well done to everyone, some really nice ones in the list.
Whet my appetite to do something myself now!

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:38 pm
by Erwin Coumans
The voting has ended. There are a lot of good entries, thanks everone for the unexpected quality of the contributions!
An announcement will be made for the prize winners!