collision point determination
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:34 am
Hello,
I'm using only the collision detection side of Bullet (not the dynamics - I'm moving stuff manually), and I'm coming across an odd little problem - it detects collisions, but the "PersistentManifold" is reporting no contact points after a call to "RefreshContactPoints" unless the two objects are entirely overlapping. To make things clearer: I have two boxes (A and B) and collision is detected, but no collision points are given unless (in this case) B is entirely inside of A. If I don't call RefreshContactPoints, then a single contact point is given as the centre of each box, no matter where they actually overlap, but it does give one when there is any collision.
I hope that outlines my little problem - I'm using Bullet 1.8 (release compile on vc++ express). The code is based almost entirely from the CollisionInterface demo - I'm seeing similar results in that as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
I'm using only the collision detection side of Bullet (not the dynamics - I'm moving stuff manually), and I'm coming across an odd little problem - it detects collisions, but the "PersistentManifold" is reporting no contact points after a call to "RefreshContactPoints" unless the two objects are entirely overlapping. To make things clearer: I have two boxes (A and B) and collision is detected, but no collision points are given unless (in this case) B is entirely inside of A. If I don't call RefreshContactPoints, then a single contact point is given as the centre of each box, no matter where they actually overlap, but it does give one when there is any collision.
I hope that outlines my little problem - I'm using Bullet 1.8 (release compile on vc++ express). The code is based almost entirely from the CollisionInterface demo - I'm seeing similar results in that as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!