What do you guys do for friction?
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:47 pm
I've been going constantly forward and back between Baraff's 'Fast contact force computation' paper and Kawachi's 'Impulsive Friction' papers and have not yet found a clear description on how to incorporate the Coulomb friction model's constrains into my Dantzig-based LCP solver (or any LCP solver for that matter). My engine's using the LCP formulation for velocity level for impulse computation at simultaneuos colliding points.
Anyway, I was wondering how you guys are approximating friction for your engines or actually incorporating the exact Coulomb friction model.
Any suggestion or idea is welcome and I'm really desperate for implementing Coulomb friction
.
-jam
Anyway, I was wondering how you guys are approximating friction for your engines or actually incorporating the exact Coulomb friction model.
Any suggestion or idea is welcome and I'm really desperate for implementing Coulomb friction
-jam