Questions about object type, Show Framerate, lattice deform
Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:16 am
Much appreciation to all who made this.
I noticed my mesh sphere rolls on its faces. Low poly means it jumps a lot. Is there a way to have low poly mesh sphere but physics object is perfect sphere for good rolling?
On the 'Show Framerate and Profile' I usually see Overhead from 30-80% depending on the scene. Is this the same as 'Idle Time' or is there something actually going on during that time. Can I add Python logic code and expect it to use up the Overhead time?
On the modeling tools I learned how to add a lattice and deform an object. Can this be done in the game engine? Will deforming the lattice change the shape of the mesh its linked to?
Thanks, Steve
I noticed my mesh sphere rolls on its faces. Low poly means it jumps a lot. Is there a way to have low poly mesh sphere but physics object is perfect sphere for good rolling?
On the 'Show Framerate and Profile' I usually see Overhead from 30-80% depending on the scene. Is this the same as 'Idle Time' or is there something actually going on during that time. Can I add Python logic code and expect it to use up the Overhead time?
On the modeling tools I learned how to add a lattice and deform an object. Can this be done in the game engine? Will deforming the lattice change the shape of the mesh its linked to?
Thanks, Steve