Bounding Volume Hierarchy_ really needed?
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 am
Hi..
Last week I read several articles about Bounding Volume. It?s really interesting. By the way, is that really necessary to implement BV in hierarchical form or just enough using single BV for each object? Let?s say for virtual environment application in which the application has 100 spaceships undergoing rigid body motion and uses k-Dops as our BV. My question is, do I need to decompose each of the spaceships into several portions hierarchically and each portion will have their own k-Dops? If I don?t want to decompose the spaceship into several portion and just using single k-Dops, is that sufficient to validate collision detection in virtual environment application.
I?m quite confusing since sometimes certain researchers use single BV to validate collision and sometimes they use hierarchical form of BV to certify collision in their application.
Any comments and suggestions are really appreciated.
Best regards,
-ab-
Korea.
Last week I read several articles about Bounding Volume. It?s really interesting. By the way, is that really necessary to implement BV in hierarchical form or just enough using single BV for each object? Let?s say for virtual environment application in which the application has 100 spaceships undergoing rigid body motion and uses k-Dops as our BV. My question is, do I need to decompose each of the spaceships into several portions hierarchically and each portion will have their own k-Dops? If I don?t want to decompose the spaceship into several portion and just using single k-Dops, is that sufficient to validate collision detection in virtual environment application.
I?m quite confusing since sometimes certain researchers use single BV to validate collision and sometimes they use hierarchical form of BV to certify collision in their application.
Any comments and suggestions are really appreciated.
Best regards,
-ab-
Korea.