Page 1 of 1

Bug: Objects w/ Mats. and Near Sens.

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:53 am
by pHalanx
Hello Erwin,
I was working on my little marble "game" and came across a certain situation, although I have not yet been able to test it on a simple blend.

An object ("A") has a material ("m") which is used to register a touch, or even a collision with M set to "m", sensor on another object ("B"). If a near sensor is applied to object "A", then object "B" does not register the "m" with the either sensors.

A side note: The near sensor on A does not have to connect to anything.

Peace

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:51 pm
by pHalanx
Hey Erwin,

Here is a simple .blend demonstrating the bug: Blender Bug

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:40 am
by pHalanx
oh, also, object "B" is a dynamic object, it does not matter wether it is ridgid-body or not.

If you could figure it out Erwin, then I would be greatly indebted.

Peace

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:50 am
by bmud
I'd like to know how that game is coming along, good sir. I don't care that we're competing, really. I'd like to work together if at all possible.

I was having similar problems this morning. the post is here:
http://continuousphysics.com/Bullet/php ... .php?t=442