Page 1 of 1

Integration with Chai3D

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:53 pm
by andreasky
I have recently started using Chai3D (http://www.chai3d.org/), a library for graphic and haptic rendering.

Currently Chai3D is not integrated with Bullet.

Do you know how one can integrate Bullet into Chai3D?

Re: Integration with Chai3D

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:19 pm
by Erwin Coumans
It seems to Chai3D seems to focus on ODE and GEL for rigid body and soft body dynamics, and provides integration with those engines.

If so, you could replace the ODE/GEL implementation by a Bullet version, it is open source after all.

Is there any problem with either ODE or GEL?
Erwin

Re: Integration with Chai3D

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:27 am
by andreasky
I tried to use GEL engine to model soft bodies. My problem is cutting/farcturing deformable objects.
I heard that Bullet enables it, especially version 2.75 which allows to work with tetrahedral meshes. Is it right?