Page 1 of 1
Blender 2.42 Web Plugin pre-alpha
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:37 am
by Erwin Coumans
Do you dare? Visit
http://continuousphysics.com/Blender2.42Webplugin.html
Con:
win32 only, instable, crash prone, only tested with internet explorer, manual install (no signed .cab), might require closing internet explorer a few times before it actually works.
Pro:

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:34 am
by mal
WOW!!!!!!! Erwin, you are THE MAN!!!!
Starting the process of getting the Blender Web Plugin working is awesome!
Downloading now...
Mal
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:56 pm
by STELLA
aww.. im running that ie7 beta 2...
im going back to ie6 soon though
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:11 am
by calli
Haha!
FINALLY!
I made a loading animation, just as an idea, maybe it is a bit heavy for normal use....
http://www.blenderbuch.de/tmp/load.blend
Hrmppp. I just realised that it doesn't work ok in 2.42 prereleases! I think its a bug already reported that a message sensor pulses two times...
Try in 2.41 to get the idea how it looks.
Regards,
Carsten
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:35 am
by calli
Runns fine in IE here.
It also runs while loading a new .blend, was that true for the old plugin as well? I would also like that functionality in .EXEs....
Carsten
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:52 am
by calli
3rd post, I am so excited
So I loaded the activex for Firefox, what next to get it run in Firefox?
How are the chances to get a native Firefox plugin? I know Hans did some work on it but it seemed very complicated.
Regards,
Carsten
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:57 pm
by Erwin Coumans
blenderage @ elysiun wrote:
https://addons.mozilla.org/search.php?q ... pp=firefox
.... and download the IE Tab extension. Install it, then go to your plugin-in page and press the render as IE button in the toolbar.
You can filter it to automatically load that page as IE whenever you visit but i haven't tried it yet.
Python is probably sandboxed for security reasons, so no import of external modules. Also loading-screen is not working properly, so leave it empty.
Erwin
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:29 am
by calli
Ah, ok, well. Thats not quite what I wanted to get activeX into FF. I guess I can then start a IE anyway (security wise).
I tried with the ActiveX-Extension for FF, with which I got the 2.25 plugin running inside FF. However not a very nice solution an it worked not on all computers I tested.
Regards,
Carsten
web plugin crash in winxp professional edition x64
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:13 pm
by milo
Hello, congratulations for your effort with the blender web plugin.. I had been testing some ideas with the old plugin in a corporative application, and when I found this new version, I tested it, but sadly it does not work in my system. the old version works, so I used the .bat to register the old ocx. The problem with the old plugin is that it does not support all the features of the latest blender version.. (example: it just shows color per vertex meshes once, and then they faces becomes white !!!) and for new users, the .cab feature is very important.
Re: Blender 2.42 Web Plug-in pre-alpha
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:04 am
by Shaba1
I know this is and old post. Can anyone tell me if this actually works with blender versions of the game engine other then that which came with blender version 2.42a?
Re: Blender 2.42 Web Plugin pre-alpha
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:55 pm
by netjunki
I was wondering if the sources for the Blender Web Plugin were available anywhere? I'm interested in dusting this off and possibly maintaining it.
Re: Blender 2.42 Web Plugin pre-alpha
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:52 pm
by Shaba1
[quote="netjunki"]I was wondering if the sources for the Blender Web Plugin were available anywhere? I'm interested in dusting this off and possibly maintaining it.[/quote]
I have no idea where the source code is BUT if you do find it AND work on the webplugin please leave a pm for me here.
Re: Blender 2.42 Web Plugin pre-alpha
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:36 am
by LetterRip
The original plugin sources are in Blender SVN, don't think erwin ever publically released what changes were needed to update it though.
If he doesn't answer here I'll email him about it for you.
LetterRip
Re: Blender 2.42 Web Plugin pre-alpha
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:43 pm
by netjunki
LetterRip wrote:The original plugin sources are in Blender SVN, don't think erwin ever publically released what changes were needed to update it though.
If he doesn't answer here I'll email him about it for you.
LetterRip
Thanks. That would be a huge help.
Ben
Re: Blender 2.42 Web Plugin pre-alpha
Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:22 pm
by Tonttu
Any news on this, guys?