Page 1 of 1

Problem exporting to COLLADA with Dynamica for Maya 2009

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:06 pm
by dio
Hello,

When using the Dynamica plugin for Maya 2009, physics scenes are not exported correctly. The resulting COLLADA file only contains some rigid bodies with Id "BulletUnnnamed-RigidBody" and not the names I set in Maya. Collision shapes are not exported at all.

I tried exporting the sample scenes (peanut box, etc.) and got the same results.

Has anybody experienced the same problem? Any help is appreciated

thanks

Re: Problem exporting to COLLADA with Dynamica for Maya 2009

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:59 am
by Negative
Hello.
We have the same problem too :? Our environment is Maya 2008 + Dynamica Bullet 2.73. Still looking for any help, suggestions etc.

Thanks,
Yuriy.

P.S. Sorry for my English if something is not clear ;)

Re: Problem exporting to COLLADA with Dynamica for Maya 2009

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:54 pm
by Erwin Coumans
with Id "BulletUnnnamed-RigidBody" and not the names I set in Maya
Indeed, the names are auto-generated at the moment, not taken from Maya.
Collision shapes are not exported at all.
It seems to work fine here.

Have you tried to select all physics objects and use 'File/Export Selection' and then choose filetype 'COLLADA Physics export' and save it as 'file.dae' ?
Thanks,
Erwin

Re: Problem exporting to COLLADA with Dynamica for Maya 2009

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:18 pm
by dio
Indeed, the names are auto-generated at the moment, not taken from Maya.
ok I see. I was confused by that.

Regarding collision shapes:

* I was creating a "Mesh" rigid body. Exporting this creates a rigid body which references a geometry "BulletUnnamed-Geometry", but that geometry does not appear on the file. But I can separately export the mesh with the Maya fbx exporter and then match them (is this the intention?)
* But creating a box, sphere, hull or plane does create the rigid body and collision shape. thanks!