Units and size?
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:24 pm
I have read the posts about size restrictions on objects etc. In my game the bounding box size of some objects can go down to 0.02 or so in one axis. My understanding is that this is too small to be reliable. So I was thinking that I could scale up everything for bullet by 10 (as an example). Is my thinking right here?
Scaling bounding volumes is easy. Scaling the actual triangles would be a pain though and having an extra copy of every mesh scaled for bullet is no good.
One could of course rescale the whole game world but that doesn't really sound very appealing either.
Any other ideas on how to solve this?
Also what is the minimum size I should stay above? Does this only relate to bounding volumes or is the size of individual triangles important too?
I want to make sure I understand the problem before I spend time solving it
Ken
Scaling bounding volumes is easy. Scaling the actual triangles would be a pain though and having an extra copy of every mesh scaled for bullet is no good.
One could of course rescale the whole game world but that doesn't really sound very appealing either.
Any other ideas on how to solve this?
Also what is the minimum size I should stay above? Does this only relate to bounding volumes or is the size of individual triangles important too?
I want to make sure I understand the problem before I spend time solving it
Ken