Page 1 of 1

Animation Stuff request

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:56 pm
by tkcastro
Hi,
i love animation and would like to understand more behind it, and
i want to understand and develop an engine to solve multibody / friction/ resting contacts.
I have the basics from Eberly's Game Physics. I've implemented it but i've got stuck when trying to implement friction..

Do you know if this Erleben/Sporring's "Physics-Based Animation" book could help me? If not, could you recommend one?

Thanks!
:wink:

Re: Animation Stuff request

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:23 pm
by John McCutchan
Hi tkcastro,

Since you're starting off, you might want to try working in 2D at first. I highly recommend both Erin Catto's Box2D and his GDC talks (www.gphysics.com/downloads). Good luck.

John

Re: Animation Stuff request

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:57 am
by tkcastro
Hi John,

thanks, i appreciate your help.
I will take a good look at it!