Linear Collision Sweeping
Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:27 am
I was curious what are people doing with linear collision sweeping. It seems to me that one can't rely on just pure linear collision sweeping for detection. For example, what if a linear sweep doesn't detect two objects won't collide in the next time step but when you actually update the two objects (which of course now takes into account their rotation) they intersect.
I seem to be having this problem in trying to do time of impact calculations with just linear sweeping (although I haven't actually debugged all the way down to verify this).
Another question, is the problem of detecting the time of impact really just as hard in 2D as in 3D?
What would be nice is if somebody could weed through all the papers out there and list the really important ones here.
I seem to be having this problem in trying to do time of impact calculations with just linear sweeping (although I haven't actually debugged all the way down to verify this).
Another question, is the problem of detecting the time of impact really just as hard in 2D as in 3D?
What would be nice is if somebody could weed through all the papers out there and list the really important ones here.