Page 1 of 1
How to start with game physics?
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:31 pm
by gkvoelkl
Hi
I want to make a game engine by myself to learn more about game physics.
How should I start?
Which book should I read?
Which articles first?
Any hints?
Best Regards
Gerhard
Re: How to start with game physics?
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:50 pm
by Dirk Gregorius
In my opinion the best start is to take Erin Catto's Box2D_Lite and port it to 3D. Once you have worked through the educational Box2D_Lite you can look into the more sophisticated Box2D and maybe ODE and Bullet. You can find the relevant downloads here:
http://www.gphysics.com/downloads
Typical references are:
- GDC slides of Erin Catto
- Kenny Erleben's PhD
Also interesting are the physic articles of Chris Hecker and the Siggraph course of David Baraff. Erwin has posted a nice list here
http://www.bulletphysics.com/Bullet/php ... p?f=6&t=63
HTH,
-Dirk