Efficient Collision Detection between 2D Polygons
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:42 pm
Hello,
I've been experimenting with GJK and it obviously works well with convex objects. However, I am interested in extending this method to non-convex 2D models, and I'm wondering if there are better ways than having to employ convex decomposition.
I found the following paper on 2D collision detection for non-convex objects and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts::
wscg.zcu.cz/wscg2004/Papers_2004_Full/B83.pdf
In particular, I would like to know if this is a more efficient method than GJK with convex decomposition. Any constructive thoughts would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Mason
I've been experimenting with GJK and it obviously works well with convex objects. However, I am interested in extending this method to non-convex 2D models, and I'm wondering if there are better ways than having to employ convex decomposition.
I found the following paper on 2D collision detection for non-convex objects and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts::
wscg.zcu.cz/wscg2004/Papers_2004_Full/B83.pdf
In particular, I would like to know if this is a more efficient method than GJK with convex decomposition. Any constructive thoughts would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Mason