Computing collision radius of OBBs
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:30 pm
I am building a rigid body simulator using OBBs as the collision bounds of the objects. I have collision detection working via a bounding volume hierarchy of AABBs. I use the separating axis approach to detect the intersection of two OBBs and this appears to work. I have used a time interval bisection approach to reposition the objects.
I plan to use an impulse based collision response and need to calculate the collision radii of the two colliding OBBs. I have tried to understand David Eberly's works on the topic, but I am still confused.
Can someone provide an overview of how to find the collision radii? It seems to me that the separating axis approach could be used, but I can't figure out the next step.
Thanks for any help,
Mike
I plan to use an impulse based collision response and need to calculate the collision radii of the two colliding OBBs. I have tried to understand David Eberly's works on the topic, but I am still confused.
Can someone provide an overview of how to find the collision radii? It seems to me that the separating axis approach could be used, but I can't figure out the next step.
Thanks for any help,
Mike