Page 1 of 1

Bugs in 2.44 Linux

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:27 am
by pildanovak
Today I tried to use bullet for some work in Blender after 1 year of being "off" the engine(last time a big project for bullet contest).I realized that bullet integration is quite broken - at least in my 2.44 linux build(official one).

I just wanted to ask, before tackling everything to the blender bug tracker, if the issues are known:

-convex hull polytope objects dont't move - don't initialize at all
-engine crashes when restarted twice and trying to get back with esc - the same happens after running twice the simulation without engine graphics(ctrlshiftalt P)
-baking for instantiated objects doesn't work, all get 1 ipo together(should be 1 ipo per object i guess)

thx and good night(at least for me now ;))

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:30 pm
by carlinuxlearner
Hey this is my first post so, Hello all!
I can confirm with you on this "-engine crashes when restarted twice and trying to get back with esc - the same happens after running twice the simulation without engine graphics(ctrlshiftalt P)" happens to me EVERY Other time I run the engine! :( However "-convex hull polytope objects dont't move - don't initialize at all " I do not have this problem. I am very new to Blender and it's GE so I have no idea what you are saying here "-baking for instantiated objects doesn't work, all get 1 ipo together(should be 1 ipo per object i guess) ".
I hope they fix these problems.

C@RL

Re: Bugs in 2.44 Linux

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:19 am
by Erwin Coumans
Does the official new Blender 2.45 download still suffer from this crash?

It should be fixed by now,
Thanks,
Erwin

Re: Bugs in 2.44 Linux

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:43 pm
by Repgahroll
Erwin Coumans wrote:Does the official new Blender 2.45 download still suffer from this crash?
Yes, version 2.45 also suffers from this problem.

But you have to understand that only the versions based on python 2.5 suffer from this probem, and only in some GNU/Linux distros this happens (Debian & Cia.).

Don't download from the repositories of your distribution. Donwload Blender from the official site, and always the newest version with python 2.4.

I always try to download the version with python 2.5 before, but it always had this problem.

For who has slow Internet, is enough to download the version with python 2.4 until launching Blender 2.5. I believe that in this version this error does not exist anymore.

Sorry my yengrisch... :oops: :oops: :oops: