Page 1 of 1

Modify rigid body joints springiness?

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:58 pm
by aws357
Is there anything I can do to change the springiness of the rigid body joints?
I know it can induce instability if the joint is too stiff, but I would like to test the maximum springiness I can put in a joint before instabilities occur...

spring joints

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:04 pm
by thinkofwhy
I believe the springiness of RBJs is relative to the distance of the constraint from the object. Try moving the contraint location away from the two objects that are being joined. Add a second constraint at an angle to control the objects position.

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:54 am
by fast solve
Springiness is useful to make springs. Boing, bounce. :)

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:48 am
by aws357
Well, I learned that the mass had a lot to do here...

All I can do for now is tune the mass and damping correctly to avoid the springiness being sollicited... meh :)