how does the pybullet client-server work?
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:23 am
Hi!
I'm trying to understand how the pybullet client works, especially where the physics server is for the client to send requests and get results of the simulation. I was looking at the pybullet package source files and couldn't really figure out where the physics lives (only a wrapper for pybullet client in pybullet_utils).
Is it that somehow my computer runs a local server that does the physics? If I modify the bullet C++ source and build the pybullet from scratch, and then use that version of pybullet instead of the one installed via pip, is that going to be using the modified bullet source? If anyone knows where this code lives or how this works, I'd appreciate any explanations.
Sorry if this question has an obvious answer and thanks for any help in advance!
I'm trying to understand how the pybullet client works, especially where the physics server is for the client to send requests and get results of the simulation. I was looking at the pybullet package source files and couldn't really figure out where the physics lives (only a wrapper for pybullet client in pybullet_utils).
Is it that somehow my computer runs a local server that does the physics? If I modify the bullet C++ source and build the pybullet from scratch, and then use that version of pybullet instead of the one installed via pip, is that going to be using the modified bullet source? If anyone knows where this code lives or how this works, I'd appreciate any explanations.
Sorry if this question has an obvious answer and thanks for any help in advance!