Multi Threading FPS Spikes
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:38 am
I implemented the bullet latest MT version and it got less laggy. But I'm getting fps spikes like this:
CPU: i7-10700
GPU: nvidia gtx 1030
scene setup: plaza and houses built with 1100+ rigidbodies, let them all be free falling and unconstrained using a line of code.
(there are 1100+ m_collisionObjects when they're falling)
before using mt: (opticks) after using mt: (opticks) and the threading looks like this:
I would like to get rid of these FPS Spikes but I dunno how :C. Anyone has any ideas?
Do I write my own scheduler? or is there any other way of optimizing this.
CPU: i7-10700
GPU: nvidia gtx 1030
scene setup: plaza and houses built with 1100+ rigidbodies, let them all be free falling and unconstrained using a line of code.
(there are 1100+ m_collisionObjects when they're falling)
before using mt: (opticks) after using mt: (opticks) and the threading looks like this:
I would like to get rid of these FPS Spikes but I dunno how :C. Anyone has any ideas?
Do I write my own scheduler? or is there any other way of optimizing this.


