btDbvt broadphase stages and tree
Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:53 pm
I am working on a game AI that would allow ships in my game to avoid colliding. I figured I could use existing dynamic bounding volume tree used by the broadphase algorithm to avoid duplicate work. However, I am having hard time figuring out the inner working. While tree operations look fairly simple, I am pretty confused about broadphase side of things, particularly stages. I.E what do stages do, how does current stage / stage roots work? Seems like depending on current stage things get added to / removed from trees, so I figured it would be best to learn more about this prior to implementing anything.
Any information about this / material to increase my knowledge about the subject would be appreciated. I'd also welcome any other ways that would make more sense to implement navigational AI using Bullet.
Any information about this / material to increase my knowledge about the subject would be appreciated. I'd also welcome any other ways that would make more sense to implement navigational AI using Bullet.