Page 1 of 1

MUJOCO loadMJCF actuator control

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:53 am
by yashs2810
SnakeThree.xml
(2.27 KiB) Downloaded 756 times
I am trying to use the loadMJCF functionality of the PyBullet engine to load a 3 link snake robot in the pybullet environment.

The actuators are just the joint rot_2 and rot_3. The slide joints are not actuated. This is causing the snake robot to not move ahead in the simulation. But this does not happen when I use gym environment. Even though the slide joints are not actuated, the robot moves ahead. What changes do I need to do to make it run in pybullet?

I am attaching the XML file.

Thanks !

Re: MUJOCO loadMJCF actuator control

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:04 pm
by Erwin Coumans
Please share a minimal script you use to move your robot. Note that by default, all joints have joint motors with a velocity target of 0.
You may need to disable them:

Code: Select all

for j in range (p.getNumJoints(robot)):
  p.setJointMotorControl2(robot,j, p.VELOCITY_CONTROL, force=0)