Page 1 of 1

Bullet softbody cloth was stretched away

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:13 am
by ericking
I am new one for bullet softbody simulation, I get a cloth mesh with its local space vertexs and indices from other graphic engine, and then I used createFromTrimesh(...) to create a softbody successfully, and then I create a rigidbody in body for soft cloth to attached, some details as follow image. and then add into dynamic world to step simulate.
QQ图片20190723154642.png
QQ图片20190723154642.png (171.47 KiB) Viewed 168125 times
for attached to rigid body , I set three anchor points from soft cloth skirt mesh with setMass 0,and then get rigid body transform matrix4x4(called wmat) at every frame .when get a new frame simulation cloth vertexs from bullet, I will transform these new simulated vertexs by wmat, and covered the cloth mesh vertexs ,and give it back to my grapic engine to draw .
But the reslut is very strange like this :
res.png
res.png (188.74 KiB) Viewed 168125 times
Can anyone help me ,what is wrong with it?

Re: Bullet softbody cloth was stretched away

Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:53 am
by steven
very interesting! have you found the rootcause?