Page 1 of 1

CreateDynamics and Blender

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:19 am
by aash29
Hi,
I'm trying to export a .dae file from CreateDynamics and then open it in Blender, but all I get is an empty scene.
I was looking for a software to perform convex decomposition (to use generic objects in collision detection in Blender), and the only thing I found was CreateDynamics.

-can't post the link yet-


It performs well in built-in viewer, with lots of tuning options, but Blender fails to open .dae files Studio produces, resulting in an empty scene.
I'm not sure if the issue is with CreateDynamics, Blender or import plugin.

Anybody tried this before me?
thanks on advance

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:19 am
by aash29

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:31 am
by JamesH
The .dae from CreateDynamics only contains physics data and no graphics data, does Blender Collada importer recognise Physics data ?

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:37 pm
by aash29
hmm
.dae file from CreateDynamics does have <geometry> and <mesh> fields with lots of coordinates. Looks like they're not linked to any graphical object :shock: Odd, that. Guess I'll need to modify the export part
Thanks, I wouldn't have guessed it myself.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:41 pm
by Erwin Coumans
Yes, Blender support a large subset of COLLADA physics, but it might not work without graphics. More work needs to be done to make all different COLLADA tools compatible and compliant.

I am working on a new COLLADA Physics tool (called OpenPhysicsComposer), that will bridge the gap between Blender and CreateDynamics.

Hope this helps,
Erwin

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:02 pm
by aash29
Great news, I guess everyone who works with Blender physics would need these tools badly. How far are you from the release of your project?