Page 1 of 1

continuous collision detection(point of collision;

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:11 pm
by Isawyou
Hi!
I'm using SAT, and swept collision, only that in the next frame when there will be a collision, for both moving objects with their angular velocity, I'm not able to use angular swept(only linear); how do we do that? so how we can calculate the time of impact? never seen someone did until now!

Re: continuous collision detection(point of collision;

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:30 pm
by raigan2
Erin Catto's GDC2013 presentation on "bilateral advancement" might be worth checking out: http://box2d.org/files/GDC2013/ErinCatto_GDC2013.zip

(he uses distance queries rather than SAT, but maybe the general idea is useful..)

Re: continuous collision detection(point of collision;

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:56 pm
by Isawyou
it's too hairy, I found where when it is a linear velocity.(t=relativedist/relavel);
sampling is used to calculate the right teta to impact. is there any other way. I make my teta too small and a small timer, :/ that not genuis;(I saw this http://www.wildbunny.co.uk/blog/2011/04 ... r-dummies/;)
making object rotate due gjk and detect time of collision using CCD(is that sampling), how he've done this,more explanations??