Maximum number of objects.: 32k limit reached...
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:21 pm
Hallo,
I am using Bullet as a collision engine for my multibody simulation
software - results, so far, are very satisfying.
The problem is that the broadphase collision detection cannot
support more than 32767 proxies (see btAxisSweep3::btAxisSweep3)
and this is limiting my tests about massibe granular flows, where I
must simulate more than 50'000 rigid bodies.
The following is an animation showing an example of what
I am doing (I stopped at 30'000 rigid bodies, but my target is
at least 50'000):
http://ied.eng.unipr.it/~tasora/download/reactor_09.avi
How is it possible to overcome the 32767 limitation of the
broadphase? Is it just a matter of changing all the 'unsigned short'
into 'unsigned int' or such?
bye
Alessandro Tasora
I am using Bullet as a collision engine for my multibody simulation
software - results, so far, are very satisfying.
The problem is that the broadphase collision detection cannot
support more than 32767 proxies (see btAxisSweep3::btAxisSweep3)
and this is limiting my tests about massibe granular flows, where I
must simulate more than 50'000 rigid bodies.
The following is an animation showing an example of what
I am doing (I stopped at 30'000 rigid bodies, but my target is
at least 50'000):
http://ied.eng.unipr.it/~tasora/download/reactor_09.avi
How is it possible to overcome the 32767 limitation of the
broadphase? Is it just a matter of changing all the 'unsigned short'
into 'unsigned int' or such?
bye
Alessandro Tasora