I figured out that all my issues were to do with the steering.
After making a few alterations I managed to get it working with cocos3d.
I've documented the changes here.
http://ios-app-development.blogspot.co. ... cos3d.html
Search found 7 matches
- Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:09 pm
- Forum: Applications, Games, Demos or Movies using Bullet
- Topic: Vehicle, Wheels going all over the place
- Replies: 1
- Views: 11469
- Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:07 am
- Forum: Applications, Games, Demos or Movies using Bullet
- Topic: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available
- Replies: 25
- Views: 84240
Re: CG Final Project using Bullet - source code available
Looks very interesting could you PM me a link to the source so I can have a look!
Thanks
Duncan.
Thanks
Duncan.
- Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:46 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: D3DX9 Vehicle Trouble
- Replies: 15
- Views: 21951
Re: D3DX9 Vehicle Trouble
Ok, after playing around I think I understand it a little better. If I make the following change btVector3 wheelAxleCS(0,0,-1); Previously I had btVector3 wheelAxleCS(-1,0,0); The wheels all rotate on the correct axis, but now the vehicle just rocks back and forth! when i apply acceleration. DOH. Wh...
- Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:32 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: D3DX9 Vehicle Trouble
- Replies: 15
- Views: 21951
Re: D3DX9 Vehicle Trouble
I applied this patch just in case it was related to the issue I was having but no luck. If I turn the steering left and right they seem to rotate correctly but if i move forward or backwards the wheels rotate on the wrong axis, Any ideas? I'm using int rightIndex = 0; int upIndex = 1; int forwardInd...
- Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:08 pm
- Forum: Applications, Games, Demos or Movies using Bullet
- Topic: Vehicle, Wheels going all over the place
- Replies: 1
- Views: 11469
Vehicle, Wheels going all over the place
Hi, I have been trying to get a vehicle working within Cocos3d on IOS. I have a vehicle that I can move around but the wheels go all over the place. I thought maybe it is to do with my coordinate getting muddled up but I'm not sure In cocos 3d. Forward = Negative Z Up = Positive Y Right = Positive X...
- Wed May 16, 2012 2:23 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: btConvexHullShape, from group of vertexes
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4078
Re: btConvexHullShape, from group of vertexes
I believe I have answered this myself,
By using btBvhTriangleMeshShape instead I seem to of accomplished what I was after,
If any body has any feedback though with any tips I would be very thankful.
Duncan.
By using btBvhTriangleMeshShape instead I seem to of accomplished what I was after,
If any body has any feedback though with any tips I would be very thankful.
Duncan.
- Wed May 16, 2012 1:36 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: btConvexHullShape, from group of vertexes
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4078
btConvexHullShape, from group of vertexes
Hi, I'm currently trying to get my head round Bullet and implement it using cocos3d on IOS. So far I have the basics up and running, but I am trying to use btConvexHullShape, as I believe it would be quite suitable to use for a floor. I have managed to build one by coping the vertexes of one of my m...