Search found 6 matches

by KeKe
Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:09 pm
Forum: Research and development discussion about Collision Detection and Physics Simulation
Topic: Asking for Expertise's Opinion for "the ultimate" solution
Replies: 9
Views: 27773

Re: Asking for Expertise's Opinion for "the ultimate" soluti

I thought setting the body to be Kinematic and control it by setting velocity should work as you expect. If not, it should be simple to fix too. Hi, Thanks for the comment, but I really don't know how to check because the 3D engine I'm using is SIO2, and I'm not sure if it's because some setting I'...
by KeKe
Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:11 pm
Forum: Research and development discussion about Collision Detection and Physics Simulation
Topic: Asking for Expertise's Opinion for "the ultimate" solution
Replies: 9
Views: 27773

Re: Asking for Expertise's Opinion for "the ultimate" soluti

I thought setting the body to be Kinematic and control it by setting velocity should work as you expect. If not, it should be simple to fix too. Hi, Thanks for the comment, but I really don't know how to check because the 3D engine I'm using is SIO2, and I'm not sure if it's because some setting I'...
by KeKe
Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:19 pm
Forum: Research and development discussion about Collision Detection and Physics Simulation
Topic: Asking for Expertise's Opinion for "the ultimate" solution
Replies: 9
Views: 27773

Re: Asking for Expertise's Opinion for "the ultimate" soluti

I haven't actually used Bullet much, but I think this thread is similar to your problem: http://www.bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=&f=9&t=688 Erwin recommended (4-5 years ago, hope it's still right) to disable sleeping on kinematics that need to be moving around. And appare...
by KeKe
Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:41 am
Forum: Research and development discussion about Collision Detection and Physics Simulation
Topic: Asking for Expertise's Opinion for "the ultimate" solution
Replies: 9
Views: 27773

Re: Asking for Expertise's Opinion for "the ultimate" soluti

In my situation, I have a Kinematic object that user can control, which is to be able to be dragged by the user's mouse, so if I set the linear velocity, which the object might not be sync-ing with the mouse movement, is there anyway I can do this with velocity setting and still sync with the movem...
by KeKe
Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:07 am
Forum: Research and development discussion about Collision Detection and Physics Simulation
Topic: Asking for Expertise's Opinion for "the ultimate" solution
Replies: 9
Views: 27773

Re: Asking for Expertise's Opinion for "the ultimate" soluti

If you're only setting the position, then Bullet is just sliding the kinematic object under the dynamic object, and assuming that you didn't want any physics to be invoked when you do that. No matter how big or small the steps, setting position is always considered to be teleportation from the engi...
by KeKe
Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:36 pm
Forum: Research and development discussion about Collision Detection and Physics Simulation
Topic: Asking for Expertise's Opinion for "the ultimate" solution
Replies: 9
Views: 27773

Asking for Expertise's Opinion for "the ultimate" solution

Hi Guys, This is my first post, so please don't fire at me if I asked something really stupid :oops: First of all, This is a great Place to learn about physics knowledge and with such great physics engine actually make things a lot easier in the first place, thanks for all contributions :) I'm new (...