Search found 8 matches

by vini
Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:40 pm
Forum: Physics authoring tools, serialization, standards and related topics
Topic: Additional Dynamica documentation
Replies: 1
Views: 9901

Additional Dynamica documentation

Greetings. Is there some place I can find additional documentation about Dynamica Plugin? I want, if possible, implement some interesting functionalities that the 3DsMax PhysX plugin has. Some ideias: * A detailed attribute panel, supporting more features (changing object's nature, for example: dyna...
by vini
Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:20 pm
Forum: Physics authoring tools, serialization, standards and related topics
Topic: Retrieving rigidbody name from importing with Dynamica
Replies: 7
Views: 20761

Re: Retrieving rigidbody name from importing with Dynamica

I didnt used cmake, used directly the VS2005 solution file. Ok, I'll try from this new repository!

Thanks!
by vini
Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:11 pm
Forum: Physics authoring tools, serialization, standards and related topics
Topic: Retrieving rigidbody name from importing with Dynamica
Replies: 7
Views: 20761

Re: Retrieving rigidbody name from importing with Dynamica

I've recompiled from the bullet 2.76 and reloaded the plugin into Maya 2010. I had to fix some paths to do that (some directories were configured to work with Maya 8.5). The plugin seems to work ok but same problem persists. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a more specified documentation about t...
by vini
Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:52 pm
Forum: Physics authoring tools, serialization, standards and related topics
Topic: Retrieving rigidbody name from importing with Dynamica
Replies: 7
Views: 20761

Retrieving rigidbody name from importing with Dynamica

Hello.

I am having problems retrieving the rigidbody name from a .bullet exported file. I tried to debug it and, as it seems, the meshes are being loaded with no name. I am using bullet-2.76 and Maya 2010 (32bits, Win7).

Anyone with similar problems?

TIA.
by vini
Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:11 pm
Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
Topic: Feasibility of Fracture Simulation on Bullet engine
Replies: 4
Views: 9965

Re: Feasibility of Fracture Simulation on Bullet engine

Thanks for the reply Erwin! I am willing to contribute to the engine if its possible. The stress (strain) values are measured by deformation. I will improve the stress models that I have implemented in order to be as the last O'Brien paper (Real-Time Deformation and Fracture in a Game Environment), ...
by vini
Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:18 pm
Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
Topic: Feasibility of Fracture Simulation on Bullet engine
Replies: 4
Views: 9965

Feasibility of Fracture Simulation on Bullet engine

Greetings. My graduation thesis theme was simulating dynamic fractures on rigid bodies on top of NVDIA'S PhysX engine. I'm going to continue my research in the area on my Master Degree and I'm considering to migrate to Bullet Physics engine, since I had a lot of problems with NVDIA'S PhysX engine. T...