Search found 14 matches
- Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:01 pm
- Forum: Applications, Games, Demos or Movies using Bullet
- Topic: The Cafu Engine is now open source
- Replies: 0
- Views: 7547
The Cafu Engine is now open source
Dear Bullet friends, the Cafu Engine (formerly Ca3D-Engine) is now available to everyone as free software under the GNU General Public License! http://www.cafu.de/templates/firenzie/images/style4/logo-cafu.png The source code as well as precompiled binaries are available at our Downloads page, and t...
- Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:06 pm
- Forum: Applications, Games, Demos or Movies using Bullet
- Topic: Ca3D-Engine uses Bullet now: New version 9.06 released!
- Replies: 0
- Views: 6574
Ca3D-Engine uses Bullet now: New version 9.06 released!
We're happy and proud to announce the latest release of the Ca3D-Engine: version 9.06 - June 2009 adds many new great features and enhancements to the Ca3D-Engine. The new version is available for Windows and Linux at the Ca3DE Downloads page. Overview • Features • News • Downloads • Gallery • Sour...
- Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:34 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Implementations of btCollisionShape::getAabb()
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4550
Re: Implementations of btCollisionShape::getAabb()
Argh!! I'm very sorry - my fault!
When I found the two different implementations of getAabb() in btTriangleMeshShape and btSoftBodyCollisionShape, blindness crept over me and I overlooked the call to btMatrix3x3::absolute() in the former.
My apologies!
When I found the two different implementations of getAabb() in btTriangleMeshShape and btSoftBodyCollisionShape, blindness crept over me and I overlooked the call to btMatrix3x3::absolute() in the former.
My apologies!
- Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:18 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Implementations of btCollisionShape::getAabb()
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4550
Implementations of btCollisionShape::getAabb()
Hi all, I have a question regarding various implementations of the btCollisionShape::getAabb() method (in Bullet 2.74). The documentation about this method says getAabb returns the axis aligned bounding box in the coordinate frame of the given transform t. However, some derived classes implement thi...
- Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:16 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: rb->applyImpulse(i, rel_pos + i*s)
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3994
rb->applyImpulse(i, rel_pos + i*s)
Hello all, I'm currently implementing the effect of explosions (and e.g. of bullets hitting crates) by applying impulse scaled by distance to objects in the vicinity of the explosion. It works very well, but I want to save computing the exact point in space where the objects are hit by the impact. D...
- Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:12 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Reducing AABB-Brush sweep tests to Ray-Brush intersection
- Replies: 5
- Views: 19503
Re: Reducing AABB-Brush sweep tests to Ray-Brush intersection
Dear Erwin, Can you help reproducing any of the problems, so we can fix them? Bullet should be able to deal with all those tasks (player control, volume triggers, ray tracing) reliably and fast. I will do my best to help to get these problems fixed, but in general, I fear that we will not be able to...
- Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:46 am
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Reducing AABB-Brush sweep tests to Ray-Brush intersection
- Replies: 5
- Views: 19503
Re: Reducing AABB-Brush sweep tests to Ray-Brush intersection
Hi Erwin, thank you very much for your reply and the links to the great papers! I've finished my implementation using explicit Minkowski difference in the meanwhile. As you mentioned, the disadvantages are scary O(...) asymptotic complexity, and very difficult for "rotational sweeps" (the ...
- Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:04 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Reducing AABB-Brush sweep tests to Ray-Brush intersection
- Replies: 5
- Views: 19503
Re: Reducing AABB-Brush sweep tests to Ray-Brush intersection
Oh, I forgot to mention that the challenge is of course to compute the bevel planes dynamically, in real-time, for arbitrary and changing (that is, possibly different in each frame) trace objects. Precomputing the explicit Minkowski sum ahead of time, e.g. by a convex hull algorithm for one fixed tr...
- Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:16 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Reducing AABB-Brush sweep tests to Ray-Brush intersection
- Replies: 5
- Views: 19503
Reducing AABB-Brush sweep tests to Ray-Brush intersection
Dear folks, I've been comparing several algorithms for continuous collision detection between convex objects, and I was wondering how the algorithm that is used in the "Quake (1/2/3)" engines fits in. In a summary, the "Quake algorithm" traces AABBs along rays and determines coll...
- Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:28 am
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Best shape for large and detailed world?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 8645
Re: Best shape for large and detailed world?
Hi Erwin, thank you very much for your reply! Using fewer large btBvhTriangleMeshShape is best, but there is no problem having a few hundred to a thousand (1000) static triangle meshes. Typically each single btBvhTriangleMeshShape triangle mesh can contain from 1000 to millions of triangles. But the...
- Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:09 am
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Best shape for large and detailed world?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 8645
Re: Best shape for large and detailed world?
Hi rusty, thank you very much for your feedback! I think you should probably invest a few days in profiling the best method for your static collision. [...] Yes, this is what I'll do. I had hoped to reduce the number of test cases beforehand depending on your answers to my questions, but eventually ...
- Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:19 am
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Best shape for large and detailed world?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 8645
Best shape for large and detailed world?
Hello all, we're currently integrating Bullet (currently using version 2.71) into our Ca3D-Engine . Bullet is awesome and it works very well so that we're making good progress, but as we're not (yet) familiar with all the Bullet implementation details, there is now the question which shapes are best...
- Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:09 am
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: btMotionstate called back too frequently
- Replies: 7
- Views: 10150
Re: btMotionstate called back too frequently
sparkprime, thanks!!
So it seems like I'm using the Bullet API right, that's good to know.
So it seems like I'm using the Bullet API right, that's good to know.
- Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:12 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: btMotionstate called back too frequently
- Replies: 7
- Views: 10150
Re: btMotionstate called back too frequently
Hi all! I'm new to Bullet, and this is my first post here. :) I've started to integrate it into the Ca3D-Engine , an all-purpose, modern 3D graphics engine and game development kit, and would like to let you know that Bullet is a great and excellent package, thank you all very much for it!! :-D Usin...