Search found 3 matches
- Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:43 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Detecting collisions with btHeightfieldTerrainShape
- Replies: 4
- Views: 24019
Re: Detecting collisions with btHeightfieldTerrainShape
Thank you for the information, that's fantastic! I saw some posts about the contact points callback that you mentioned and will look into that a bit more to see what's possible. I experimented with just having a short raycast based on heading per entity and the speed seemed to be fine! So I might go...
- Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:48 am
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Detecting collisions with btHeightfieldTerrainShape
- Replies: 4
- Views: 24019
Re: Detecting collisions with btHeightfieldTerrainShape
Thanks drleviathan, somewhat ironically I had that exact code commented out in my PhysicsManager. I think the problem is I don't really know how best to handle this. I have a couple of hundred small flying entities over a triangle terrain and want to detect if they crash into the terrain. Ideally th...
- Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:31 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Detecting collisions with btHeightfieldTerrainShape
- Replies: 4
- Views: 24019
Detecting collisions with btHeightfieldTerrainShape
Hi everyone. I have a 256x256 heightfield, which is currently rendering correctly in Bullet's Debug Draw handler, so I believe it is set up correctly. It has it's own filter group (8) and I'm wanting to detect collisions with game rigidbodies (btBoxShape) whose filter group is (1). What I'm finding ...