Search found 5 matches
- Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:46 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Collisions between static object and rigidbody ignored?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 17024
Re: Collisions between static object and rigidbody ignored?
I think I found the problem. I was setting the motion state transforms like this: States[0]->setWorldTransform(btTransform(btMatrix3x3(), btVector3(0,0.0,0))); Apparently that isn't the way to do it, because it only worked once I set it more similarly to the hello world example: btTransform transfor...
- Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:26 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Collisions between static object and rigidbody ignored?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 17024
Re: Collisions between static object and rigidbody ignored?
After a fair amount of digging, I got the hello world file to compile and work correctly. No need to go into the investigation details, but it turns out that the just bullet project had a mismatch between the #defines when the library was compiled vs my project. I had copied the cmake file from an e...
- Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:38 am
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Collisions between static object and rigidbody ignored?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 17024
Re: Collisions between static object and rigidbody ignored?
It's really driving me nuts. In the first case, it produces the behavior I would expect. The two objects intersect and push each other away. Since it's zero g, they keep moving away from each other. In the second case, the objects intersect and I would expect one of them to move away. Instead the dy...
- Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:58 pm
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Collisions between static object and rigidbody ignored?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 17024
Re: Collisions between static object and rigidbody ignored?
I streamlined my test case into a single file .cpp program and separately compiled it without Godot (linking to bullet 3.08). Now the objects aren't even falling! Please tell me what I am missing here? #include<iostream> #include<array> #include<memory> #include<btBulletDynamicsCommon.h> int main(in...
- Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:54 am
- Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
- Topic: Collisions between static object and rigidbody ignored?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 17024
Collisions between static object and rigidbody ignored?
Hello! I'm trying to do something a bit weird and it would be really awesome to know if this is a deep problem or something obvious. The project I'm working on is a sidewalk robot training data generator using Godot for rendering and Bullet for simulation. The catch is, Godot uses Bullet yet I seem ...