Search found 12 matches

by ChrisC
Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:32 pm
Forum: Applications, Games, Demos or Movies using Bullet
Topic: PUK early demo, Linux Irrlicht + Bullet
Replies: 0
Views: 11326

PUK early demo, Linux Irrlicht + Bullet

I've just uploaded a Linux executable sample created using the current pre-release version of PUK (physics utility kit): http://www.continuousphysics.com/ftp/pub/test/index.php?dir=physics/bullet_showcases/&file=puk.tar.gz PUK is intended for novice coders using windows or linux (I see no reason...
by ChrisC
Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:18 am
Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
Topic: "real world" restitution and friction values ?
Replies: 6
Views: 15315

"real world" restitution and friction values ?

What sort of values would I have to use for friction and restitution, given these examples friction of: polished flat metal on ice unpolished wood on ice coarse sandpaper on ice girlfriend spotting I haven't done the washing up restitution of: hard cold solid rubber ball on concrete bouncy inflated ...
by ChrisC
Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:27 am
Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
Topic: registerCollisionCreateFunc works but why?!
Replies: 6
Views: 12566

that URL just seems to be a list of structures members , I still don't see any swapped flag and without any real explanation I can't see how its supposed to be used... Just what is a SwappedCreateFunc it is not described anywhere (other than another list of structure members without description) is ...
by ChrisC
Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:42 am
Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
Topic: registerCollisionCreateFunc works but why?!
Replies: 6
Views: 12566

The algorithm IS equal, but the create func has a swapped flag.
I missed this bit, what and where is the swapped flag?
by ChrisC
Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:38 pm
Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
Topic: registerCollisionCreateFunc works but why?!
Replies: 6
Views: 12566

registerCollisionCreateFunc works but why?!

atm I'm using (without understanding...) gimpactCollisionCreateFunc = new btConcaveConcaveCollisionAlgorithm::CreateFunc; dispatcher->registerCollisionCreateFunc(GIMPACT_SHAPE_PROXYTYPE,GIMPACT_SHAPE_PROXYTYPE,gimpactCollisionCreateFunc); dispatcher->registerCollisionCreateFunc(TRIANGLE_MESH_SHAPE_P...
by ChrisC
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:33 pm
Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
Topic: Hobbyist quickstart framework
Replies: 0
Views: 4869

Hobbyist quickstart framework

I'm wanting to create a framework that will isolate beginners from some of the complexities of using bullet and a graphics library like irrlicht for the first time. The idea being there should be a class of "movables" which can have various properties like shape type, texture, mass etc the...
by ChrisC
Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:53 am
Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
Topic: encapsulating class and shapes
Replies: 2
Views: 8207

Thanks thats a little clearer! The manual is a little slim and bereft of description about basic concepts, the api docs are good but theres little discussion about correct use of the api many things like a discussion of the last parameter of btStaticPlaneShape for example are missing The manual coul...
by ChrisC
Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:13 am
Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
Topic: encapsulating class and shapes
Replies: 2
Views: 8207

encapsulating class and shapes

I'm wanting to make a class to encapsulate a physics "object" (body and shape) and visual (irrlicht scene node) When creating my object with ODE I pass a flag which identifies the "type" of object and from the other parameters, scale and so forth I can create my new object. Now I...
by ChrisC
Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:38 am
Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
Topic: linux xlib bug
Replies: 9
Views: 42764

oh man I know what I did...

I su'd to make install in jam and then forget to exit :oops:

I gotta say this is one impressive lib ! thanks guys!
by ChrisC
Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:21 pm
Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
Topic: linux xlib bug
Replies: 9
Views: 42764

I think you are probably right I d/loaded 2.37.tgz and tried again (if the wiki link hasnt changed in the last day or so then thats the version I first used) Theres no problem with 2.37, god knows what caused the auth problem with X most strange, I cant replicate it! Sorry for the waste of time! :oo...
by ChrisC
Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:43 am
Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
Topic: linux xlib bug
Replies: 9
Views: 42764

FYI

Just grabbed svn trunk instead of the tgz mentioned on the wiki and it doesnt do the same
by ChrisC
Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:45 am
Forum: General Bullet Physics Support and Feedback
Topic: linux xlib bug
Replies: 9
Views: 42764

linux xlib bug

I have used both jam and cmake to compile bullet both methods create demos that behave like the output below this effects ALL the demos... Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified freeglut (./BasicDemo): failed to open display ':0.0' Any ideas most welcome!