Search found 4 matches
- Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:00 am
- Forum: Research and development discussion about Collision Detection and Physics Simulation
- Topic: long stick behaviour in the air
- Replies: 5
- Views: 22032
Re: long stick behaviour in the air
Thanks guys, these helped me to find a solution. (and I also released a patch for the old Tricky Truck with good rotations)
- Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:28 pm
- Forum: Research and development discussion about Collision Detection and Physics Simulation
- Topic: long stick behaviour in the air
- Replies: 5
- Views: 22032
Re: long stick behaviour in the air
I use a simple quantized method (I think, this is called Euler integration) angularMomentum = worldTensor * angularVelocity; translation.rotate(angularVelocity*timeStep); updateWorldTensor(); angularVelocity = worldTensor.inverse() * angularMomentum; Using smaller timeStep makes it more stable. The ...
- Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:25 pm
- Forum: Research and development discussion about Collision Detection and Physics Simulation
- Topic: long stick behaviour in the air
- Replies: 5
- Views: 22032
Re: long stick behaviour in the air
I found some explanation here, but unfortunately I can't understand it.
Anybody can explain to me in a simple way?
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/3 ... ode61.html
Anybody can explain to me in a simple way?
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/3 ... ode61.html
- Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:35 pm
- Forum: Research and development discussion about Collision Detection and Physics Simulation
- Topic: long stick behaviour in the air
- Replies: 5
- Views: 22032
long stick behaviour in the air
I'm actually asking for help in making my own physics engine. Some physics engines conserve the angular velocity of an object spinning in the air with no friction. I don't know if bullet does this. However, according to physics books the angular momentum needs to be conserved. To convert between ang...