<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9917" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2014-04-27T11:53:34+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9917</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[pwr00]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-04-27T11:53:34+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-04-27T11:53:34+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33387#p33387</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33387#p33387"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Question about turning collision on/off for rigidobject]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33387#p33387"><![CDATA[
Hi!<br>Background:<br>I am trying to make a game and am not really sure how I should handle the collision for the landscape which the player is walking on. The landscape is built up which patches. When the player is walking in the landscape I want to turn on the collision of the landscape patches so the player doesn't fall through. But if the patches are too far from the player I want to turn off the collision detection. The reason why I want to do this I'm hoping to get better performance.<br><br>Question:<br>1. How do people normally turn the collision on/off for different rigid bodies in bullet?  <br>2. Is turning the collision on/off a bad idea for avoiding having collision detection for objects that are too far away? Or is bullet so good at this so I won't really get a performance boost from this? Would it be better to simply remove the rigid body and the readd it when the collision is needed?<br><br>Thanks!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10446">pwr00</a> — Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:53 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
