<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9880" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2014-04-06T17:32:19+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9880</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[dim_tz]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-04-06T17:32:19+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-04-06T17:32:19+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33275#p33275</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33275#p33275"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Mesh collision/penetration detection]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33275#p33275"><![CDATA[
I would like to have a collision detection module in my tracking pipeline, detecting when two different meshes collide/interpenetrate or if there is a self-penetration of an articulated mesh. Based on the depth of the penetration there should be a penalization that combats this phenomenon. I should get a list of the colliding faces/vertices and the depth of penetration in order to do so.<br><br>I'm interesting in finding a suitable c++ library for this, this is why I started looking at bullet. <br>The library used should be used/incorporated in an already existing pipeline, so the usability should be suitable.<br>Interactive framerate is not a requirement, this is an offline pipeline, but ease of incorporation in the pipeline is very desirable.<br><br>I need to avoid using shape primitives (like spheres) that approximate the mesh surface in order to speed-up/ease the collision detection. <br>A precise identification of the colliding/penetrating vertices would be very much needed. <br>Most probably the method should resort to AABBs (Axis-Aligned Bounding Boxes), since a frequent update of non-rigid meshes is needed. <br><br>Am I looking at the right place?<br>Any recommendations to start with, based on you experience?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10824">dim_tz</a> — Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:32 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
