<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9856" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2014-03-27T02:51:33+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9856</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[freshquiz]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-03-27T02:51:33+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-03-27T02:51:33+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33222#p33222</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33222#p33222"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Utilise GPU for soft-body and rigid-body physics simulation]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33222#p33222"><![CDATA[
Can Bullet be used to perform physics simulation on the GPU, specifically soft-body objects colliding with rigid-body objects?<br><br>I'm sorry if the answer is blatantly obvious, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.<br><br>I'm currently using Blender to just perform physics simulations with OBJ files, i.e. no rendering and from what I have read, the GPU is only utilised during rendering (which i don't need).<br><br>It seems as if GPU physics simulation is a fairly new concept and Bullet3 can only perform rigid-body physics simulation. Is that right?<br><br>I apologise for bringing up PhysX, but should I be looking into that for what I need, or some other physics engine that utilises the GPU for soft-body and rigid-body physics simulations?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10805">freshquiz</a> — Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:51 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
