<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9836" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2014-03-20T15:57:23+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9836</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[kris928]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-03-20T15:57:23+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-03-20T15:57:23+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33187#p33187</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33187#p33187"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Better way to integrating forces in btActionInterface?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=33187#p33187"><![CDATA[
In my hydrodynamic simulation, I am computing per face forces, multiplying them by the current time step, and applying them as impulses to my rigid body. I believe this is basically the euler method for integrating acceleration.<br><br>Given that the forces are not constant, it would seem that a different integration method could provide a more accurate simulation. I would assume that bullet uses a better integration method for forces already, but I've had issues every time I tried to apply forces directly to my model instead of using impulses inside of the btActionInterface and the the simulationTick callback. Is there a better way for me to be integrating hydrodynamic forces in my simulation with bullet? Should I be looking at some other bullet interface that plays more nicely with a solver?<br><br>Thank you for any direction you can provide.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10751">kris928</a> — Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:57 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
