<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9731" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2014-02-03T16:02:43+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9731</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Aperico]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-02-03T16:02:43+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-02-03T16:02:43+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32819#p32819</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32819#p32819"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Getting the forces of a collission?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32819#p32819"><![CDATA[
Hi! Im pretty new to Bullet but have used box2d in games before. I would like to get the forces in a collission or rather the impulses so I can remove "life" from objects getting hit by my projectiles and each other. I tried using the body.getTotalForces() in the onContactEnded callback but it always seem to be gravity * mass in the Y components never anything else. I tried to do it in onContactStarted and onContactProcessed too. I also seem to be missing calls to OnContactStarted (I got a fast moving projectile using CCD, might be why?) I.e shooting one bullet on the ground gives me 2 or 3 onContactEnded but none onContactStarted<br><br>So my question is basically, where and how should I get the forces involved in a collission?<br><br>I'm very gratefull for any help, thanks!<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10701">Aperico</a> — Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:02 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
