<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9724" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2014-02-01T00:12:46+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9724</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[SynapticBytes]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-02-01T00:12:46+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-02-01T00:12:46+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32775#p32775</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32775#p32775"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Overheads for using btSoftRigidDynamicsWorlds]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32775#p32775"><![CDATA[
I'm trying to implement a Bullet plugin for Shiva3D and am up to implementing soft bodies.<br><br>Because I don't know until runtime whether the users wish to create soft bodies or not, I am currently creating my physics world as a btSoftRigidDynamicsWorld, even if the user is only using rigid bodies. Justly creating a softbody world instead of a rigid body world, is there likely to be any significant performance or storage impacts?<br><br>The alternatives are few due to C++ not having a ducking mechanism. I would need to add significant code to upcast/downcast and use temporary variables to convert in appropriate places, or have two versions of my plugin for each world type, and then maintain 2 code bases, which is not viable.<br><br>Anyone have any ideas?<br><br>Thanks.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=7759">SynapticBytes</a> — Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:12 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
