<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9668" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2014-01-09T17:56:55+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9668</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[tm1rbrt]]></name></author>
		<updated>2014-01-09T17:56:55+00:00</updated>

		<published>2014-01-09T17:56:55+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32554#p32554</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32554#p32554"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Bouncing ball intersects ground for one step every bounce]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32554#p32554"><![CDATA[
I am simulating a bouncing ball. The ball intersects the ground for one step every time it bounces, how can I prevent this?<br><br>I am running at a fixed time step, updating the world with <div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>dynamicsWorld-&gt;stepSimulation(updateFreq, int(1 / updateFreq), updateFreq);</code></pre></div> so i do not believe it is an interpolation issue.<br><br>I also have the following settings applied to my world, this fixed an issue with the ball bounce heigh being unpredictable (one bounce higher than the last)<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>info.m_splitImpulse = 1;info.m_splitImpulsePenetrationThreshold = 0;info.m_numIterations = 20;</code></pre></div>Am i missing anything or doing something wrong?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10647">tm1rbrt</a> — Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:56 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
