<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9612" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-12-10T22:16:41+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9612</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[romulox_x]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-12-10T22:16:41+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-12-10T22:16:41+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32359#p32359</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32359#p32359"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Raycast on Compound Shape in 2.82]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32359#p32359"><![CDATA[
I've seen this topic before, but my code isn't producing the result that those discussions indicate.  I've got a compound shape with several children, each of which is a btBvhTriangleMeshShape.  I've implemented addSingleResult within my own class inherited from AllHitsRayResultCallback.  Everything I've read indicates that the child index should be in m_localShapeInfo-&gt;m_triangleIndex in the LocalRayResult parameter of addSingleResult, but I'm getting numbers much too large (they seem to make sense as actual triangle indices, but I haven't verified this).<br><br>I've dug around in the source code a bit, and it seems that the shapeInfo parameter in reportHit on line 366 of btCollisionWorld.cpp is passed in, creating a non-NULL pointer that fails the check in addSingleResult on line 486, meaning that the shapeInfo constructed in that function is never passed to my callback.  When I change 486 to always use the locally constructed shapeInfo, I find that this shapeInfo contains the data I want and my callback functions perfectly.<br><br>Might I be doing something wrong, or is this a bug?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2026">romulox_x</a> — Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:16 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
