<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9566" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-11-21T22:13:22+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9566</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[intresto]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-11-21T22:13:22+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-11-21T22:13:22+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32209#p32209</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32209#p32209"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Visualise static force vectors at contact points]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=32209#p32209"><![CDATA[
This might be a similar question to that of shchhan but rather than asking for details I'm wondering:<br><br>Can anyone point me to an example using Bullet or any other physics engine where static contact forces between rigid bodies have been visualised as vectors?<br><br>The Autodesk Forceeffect app (not really a physics engine) does it very well in 2D but only for a single rigid body in contact with the ground rather than multiple rigid bodies in contact with each other.<br><br>The sorts of applications I'm looking at are things like boxes stacked inside a container or rocks stacked to build a dry stone wall. Will the force on a box at the bottom of the stack exceed a limit or will the side-ways force on a rock at the end of a wall exceed a limit.<br><br>I believe Bullet will resolve impulse forces at contacts but I'm interested in static forces. Any 2D or 3D examples, anywhere (videos, papers, websites, images, etc) would be great. Thanks.<br><br>Malcolm<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10572">intresto</a> — Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:13 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
