<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9428" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-10-05T03:33:14+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9428</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Empire-Phoenix]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-10-05T03:33:14+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-10-05T03:33:14+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31892#p31892</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31892#p31892"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Parsing btBulletFile really slow?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31892#p31892"><![CDATA[
Hi, sorry for the late reply,<br><br>I use optimized build, yes.<br>I now use a different loading circumventing this problem, by using the bvh de/serializeinPlace with this for essentially the same data and nothing else changed the loading time is only a few ms.<br>The bvh itself is in the file 300mb in size.<br><br>Using my own file read write stuff semms to solved this, but the question remains, what in the parseFile could be so slow?<br>As far as I understood, it basically contains the same data I use now, only with some kind of chunked stuff. I don't get why it loads so much faster.<br><br>The demos are a bit problematic to get to work, as bullet is integrated into another library by build time.<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=5888">Empire-Phoenix</a> — Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:33 am</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Erwin Coumans]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-09-26T19:11:12+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-09-26T19:11:12+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31816#p31816</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31816#p31816"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Re: Parsing btBulletFile really slow?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31816#p31816"><![CDATA[
I am surprised that loading a .bullet file takes much time, there is not much going on under the hood, aside from pointer patching.<br>3 seconds for pointer patching seems wrong.<br><br>Can you reproduce this in the Bullet/SerializeDemo, loading your .bullet file?<br><br>Are you measuring an optimized build (-O2, "Release")?<br>Thanks,<br>Erwin<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2">Erwin Coumans</a> — Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:11 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Empire-Phoenix]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-09-19T21:27:22+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-09-19T21:27:22+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31770#p31770</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31770#p31770"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[Parsing btBulletFile really slow?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31770#p31770"><![CDATA[
Hi,<br><br>well I planned to use the serialisation of the bvh and trimesh shapes to speedup my applications start time.<br>However currently while testing, I found the btBulletFile:parse(false) function to be unbelieavably slow, and assume I did something wrong.<br><br>This goes so far, that regenerating the 1million polygon shape and bvh is faster than loading it. Can this be right?<br><br><br>I save the shape with <div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code> btDefaultSerializer*    serializer = new btDefaultSerializer();        serializer-&gt;startSerialization();        meshShape-&gt;serializeSingleShape(serializer);        serializer-&gt;finishSerialization();</code></pre></div>this needs around 960 milliseconds and is fine so far.<br><br>However loading needs (actually only parsing the file the rest is nearly not measurable) 2584 milliseconds<br>The relevant code is:<div class="codebox"><p>Code: </p><pre><code>bParse::btBulletFile* bulletFile2 = new bParse::btBulletFile((char*)buffer,len); //file is actually loaded from rambool ok = (bulletFile2-&gt;getFlags()&amp; bParse::FD_OK)!=0;if (ok){printf("ok");bulletFile2-&gt;parse(false); //this here needs that long ... rebuilding with the data from it</code></pre></div>Completly regenerating the shape needs less than 3000 milliseconds, so the time save is somewhat small.<br><br>I run on linux(ubuntu 13.04) x64<br>gcc/g++ 4.7.3<br><br>I assume I do something wrong? If not can anyone give sugestions to reduce the time for loading?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=5888">Empire-Phoenix</a> — Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:27 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
