<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9427" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-09-19T13:35:23+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9427</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[MajorNr01]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-09-19T13:35:23+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-09-19T13:35:23+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31769#p31769</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31769#p31769"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[nested compound shapes: are the child-transforms relevant?]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31769#p31769"><![CDATA[
I am using nested btCompoundShapes in a static (0 mass) rigid body, in order to maintain a sort of grouping of multiple shapes. Additionally I am using btCompoundShape's dbvt feature to accelerate collision detection. Basically I am trying to construct static world geometry using different kinds of shapes (primitives, convex point clouds, etc.), trying to avoid using btBvhTriangleMeshShape. As I said, I am also nesting compound shapes to create grouping.<br><br>Question is: Does it matter where I put the compound shapes inside their parent compound shapes, or can I simply keep them at the origin, while translating the actual collision shapes to their respective positions?<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=10383">MajorNr01</a> — Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:35 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
