<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en-gb">
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9414" />

	<title>Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum</title>
	
	<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/index.php" />
	<updated>2013-09-11T23:04:51+00:00</updated>

	<author><name><![CDATA[Real-Time Physics Simulation Forum]]></name></author>
	<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topic/9414</id>

		<entry>
		<author><name><![CDATA[Misterblue]]></name></author>
		<updated>2013-09-11T23:04:51+00:00</updated>

		<published>2013-09-11T23:04:51+00:00</published>
		<id>https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31709#p31709</id>
		<link href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31709#p31709"/>
		<title type="html"><![CDATA[clearing overlapping pair cache]]></title>

		
		<content type="html" xml:base="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=31709#p31709"><![CDATA[
I have a case where I need to clear the overlapping pair cache for one object (repeatedly changing position of a static object that is colliding with a physical object).<br><br>I tried using cleanProxyFromPairs() in overlappingPairCache but it didn't seem to be working. Looking at Bullet's code, in both HashedOverlappingPairCache and SortedOverlappingPairCache, the cleanProxyfromPairs routine creates a CleanPairCallback class which is applied to all pairs. If a matching pair is found, the CleanPairCallback calls pair-&gt;cleanOverlappingPair() and returns false.<br><br>The call to pair-&gt;cleanOverlappingPair() removes the pair from the algorithm but the returning false means the code in processAllOverlappingPairs is not executed so the pair is not actually removed from the pair cache.<br><br>Is there someone who knows this code better and can see why the removal code should never be called when clearing? Am I missing some nuance to removing an object's pairs from the cache?<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>-- mb<p>Statistics: Posted by <a href="https://pybullet.org/Bullet/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=6596">Misterblue</a> — Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:04 pm</p><hr />
]]></content>
	</entry>
	</feed>
